well bloggers i'm back! with a quick jet setting trip to holland for the weekend already behind us we've hit the ground running to get everything around the studio back on track. here was the trip at a glance:
- up at 4am for a 2 hour drive to the airport
- 5 hour flight to philly with a 1 1/2 hour layover
- 7 hour flight to amsterdam arriving 8am on saturday morning
- stopped for a little cheese and bread at the airport and of course starbucks
- met up with alain from ranger, rented the car, 2 hour drive to our hotel
- checked into the hotel, did a little shopping (picked up some cool vintage books)
- had a great lunch and headed to set up for the workshops
- left hotel at 8am for day 1 of 6 hours of classes with 70 students
- dinner with the rest of the international teachers and then off to sleep
- checked out of hotel at 8 am for day 2 of 6 hours of classes with 70 more students
- finished classes and packed up at 5pm
- drove back to airport and checked into airport hotel
- 11am flight , 8 hours amsterdam to philly with 1 1/2 hour layover
- 5 hour flight philly to phoenix
- 2 hour drive back home to prescott arriving 8pm
whew!... thanks to my students who traveled from all over europe to be in the workshop. we packed 13 techniques into this 3 hour session which included tons of products distress inks, stains, crackle paint, stickles, paint dabbers, alcohol inks, perfect pearls, perfect pearl mists, kraft resist, kraft glassing, tissue tape, and of course stamping. it was great to see some students embracing products and techniques that were new to many of them, as well as students who were polishing up their skills on these familiar products. with 140 students total, it was a great 2 days worth of education. i also want to thank those students who brought me some really cool gifts including chocolates, mints, pastries, licorice, a cool tin filled with vintage trinkets, and made some great artwork. i truly appreciated it all...
i'm so happy to see all of the comments on the blog from all of you, for a chance to win a spot in jennifer's upcoming workshop - it's going to be very inspiring. congrats to the 3 lucky winners! please email me your info so i can pass it on to jennifer to get you registered. enjoy today...t!m
I'm definitely signing up whether I win or not but gee - I HOPE I DO!
Posted by: BrendaE | September 02, 2011 at 06:10 AM
have fun in th netherlands rotterdam and gouda are nice places to visit my dad used to live in gouda i love the countryside and the canals. the class looks great thanks for the chance hugs joanne
Posted by: joanne greathead | September 07, 2011 at 06:01 AM
wow the class sounds great. And you as one of the guest teacher is a bonus. Have a great fast trip. See you when you get back.
Posted by: donna russell | September 01, 2011 at 02:22 PM